Monday, April 7, 2014

Kasey, my new dog!

Hi, friends!

I have some exciting news for you! I got a new dog! My 10th birthday is coming up and my parents asked what I wanted for my present. I told them truthfully that what I really and only wanted was a pet dog.

We had been looking to adopt a dog for a little while. My mom always had dogs when she was a kid growing up, so she's used to having dogs around. My dad on the other hand never had a dog, so I kinda had to work on my dad for a little while to get him to get used to the idea of a pet dog.

We went over to a pet store on Saturday where we have before met a man who takes in and shelters dogs that need new homes. I saw the man and walked over to him and right away saw his German Shepherd. I asked him about the dog and he said that the dog, named Kasey, had been living with an elderly woman who had to move into an assisted living home and could no longer care for Kasey. So Kasey needed a new home.

I was able to take Kasey for a little walk, and I knew right away she was the dog for me:
We adopted Kasey right away, and took her home that day. She is so well behaved! She hardly barks, she obeys commands, and she can play fetch and have lots of fun with me! I've been taking her for walks around the neighborhood and even from school. I've introduced her to my friends in the neighborhood and everyone thinks she is so sweet and cute!

You'll have to come and play with Kasey too!
Your friend,

--James

No comments:

Post a Comment