Sunday, October 13, 2013

Black's BBQ in Lockhart

Hi, kids!

I hope you had a great week at school. Mine was pretty good, and when the school week was done I got ready for my boy scout campout at Camp Green Dickson, near Gonzalez, Texas. Just Dad and me were going, since it was a Webelos rank event, so Andrew got to stay home with Mom and have a fun time to themselves. I think they were planning to go to the nearby Mighty Fine restaurant, to get some might fine hamburgers and fries.

While they went out for burgers, my dad and me planned to stop in Lockhart for some famous barbecue. Lockhart is like a bbq capital in Texas, with several great bbq restaurants. We knew they had some places like Kreuz's and Smitty's, and then we saw a sign for Black's. That's the one we wanted to try.

Black's is famous for being the oldest bbq restaurant in Texas still owned by the same family. We got to the entrance and it was well worth the drive:


Here I am with some of my favorites: ribs, brisket, and a Big Red soda!


We had to 'fess up to Mom when we got home. Between my dad and me we probably ate 2 pounds of barbecue, plus sides. We got mashed potatoes, macaroni and cheese, and fried rice to go with the bbq. Mmm it was so good! Come and Take It!

No comments:

Post a Comment