Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Coming into focus: weekend fun & bbq plans!

Hi, kids!

I hope you all are doing great! My week is going good. It's been a good few days at school, and the weather here in Texas is perfect. It's so nice we can keep playing outside after school until Mom calls us in for supper, and then again for night after that.

I think we're going to have a real fun weekend. Our neighborhood is planning a party on Friday night, and that's always so much fun running around with all my neighbor friends. Then on Saturday it looks to be full of even more fun. First, we have another All Pro Dad's breakfast set for Saturday morning at church, and I'll plan to help my dad cook up some pancakes and bacon just like last time. Then we're going to go to a church friend's ranch to gather some wood. We're almost out of firewood at home, and what with the weather cooling off and needing wood for our barbecue, my dad figured we better go get some soon.

Finally on Saturday we aim to have some friends come over for supper. It'll be a surprise what we'll cook for them, but I already have lots of bbq in mind. My dad has this tasty marinade recipe for chicken that he picked up during one of his trips to Africa. It's called peri-peri and it comes from a country in Africa called Mozambique. It's a really tangy and juicy marinade and I can't wait to barbecue some chicken with that. I also want to bbq some ribs again. They turned out great last time and I really want my friends to try that. I'd like to try to barbecue a brisket, but the last time I tried that with my dad, the brisket didn't turn out so good. It was pretty dried up. My mom says we need to try barbecuing a brisket again just for ourselves, making sure we can smoke it right, before we serve another not-so-tasty one to friends.

Ok friends have a great couple of coming days at school and I'll see you again this weekend!

Your friend,

--James

No comments:

Post a Comment