Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Come and Take It weekend bbq plans

Hi, kids!

You can now follow me on twitter @TexasKidBbq. I'm way ahead of my parents on social media -- how about you?

Today was a lot of fun -- but a lot of hard work too! School was good, but then I came home and had some tough homework to get through. I love to read, and can spend hours doing so. But my homework instructions were a bit complicated and I ended up spending 2 hours on homework, and it's only 4th grade!

I was able to steal away from my homework and go to my Scouts den meeting. We received a bunch of summertime activity awards, and we made plans for a fall camping trip to a park near Gonzales, Texas -- the site of the start of the Texas revolution. That's where Come and Take It comes from -- it's about a battle for freedom, and there was a fight for an artillery cannon. What a great way to see some real historic sites and learn our state history!

I do love to camp, and my family goes camping a bit often. Here's a picture of me in a nice park in Stratford, Canada on our summertime vacation
 

This weekend is going to be fun. Me, my brother and my dad are thinking about what to barbecue this weekend. Mom is going away to a church Pilgrimage retreat -- we're all happy and proud that she's getting a chance to experience a time of church fellowship and renewal. While she's away we'll play around the neighborhood, bbq, go to church, and play flag football again.

For bbq we're thinking maybe pizza on the grill -- we tried that a couple of weeks ago and it turned out great! It's like you're going to one of those fancy pizza restaurants where they have a stove that burns wood.

I hope your week at school is going good, and good luck with the homework. Let me know how that's going for you too!

Your friend,

--James

No comments:

Post a Comment