Sunday, March 23, 2014

Cornish hen!

Hey friends!

We found some new things to try on the bbq this weekend. My dad and I picked up two items at the grocery store: Cornish hen, and salmon fish. The Cornish hen was smaller than chicken that you might ordinarily try, but what makes it so great is that it might even be a bit more tender and sweeter than chicken.

What I did with the Cornish hen was to put a small amount of salt and pepper rub inside of the skin, and then to use a small mix of lemon juice, olive oil, and salt and pepper on the outside. It looked pretty good to add to the grill, once we got the barbeque hot, about 300 degrees F.
I kept the Cornish hen on the grill for about 35 minutes. Here it is once I pulled it off the grill:
And how did it taste? Let me just say, my brother and I thought, thumbs up!
Come and Take It!

Your friend,

--James

No comments:

Post a Comment